Monday, November 16, 2009

Good Books

Recently, I have been going through book catalogs and ran across a few books that you may like to read before our trip. These are not required for the course but would be fun to work through over Christmas or spring break before our trip in May.

The Rise of Early Christian Beliefs: Heikki Raisanen

Reading Romans in Pompeii: Peter Oaks

Documents and Images for the Study of Paul: Neil Elliott

Christ's Body in Corinth: Yung Suk Kim

Paul and His World: Helmut Koester

From The People's History of Christianity Series: Late Ancient Christianity (Burrus) and Byzantine Christianity (Krueger).

All of the above titles come from just one publisher (Augsburg Fortress, there are others?). I will post more as I come across interesting titles.


I am going to read Documents and Images for the Study of Paul by Elliott and would be willing to lead an informal reading group on the book. Send me an email if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment